Thumbnails for Posts Page

Support Area Forums United Thumbnails for Posts Page

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Lara Marsh
    Participant

Hi again –

In my previous post that you already answered (which I erroneously put in Epic when I’m actually using United!), I mentioned that I’m setting up my client portfolio to be posts. When I list the posts (i.e. clients) I have the posts set up using the “image” format. This displays the very large image above the post. I would rather have a thumbnail that displays just to the left of the post.

I already modified single.php to take the image out entirely for each post page because I’m using format of “gallery” on each post. But I don’t really want to take the image out entirely when it’s just in the listing of all the posts (clients). How do I modify either the php or the css so that it displays a true thumbnail to the left of each post?

The page I would like to do this on is http://www.ratherthanrunning.com/category/clients/

Thank you!
    Lara

Bill Robbins

Lara,

You can make adjust the single.php file so that the thumbnail is located on the left instead of at the top. First you’ll need to remove this line at the top of the file:

<?php get_template_part( 'layouts/post-formats' ); ?>

Then just above this:

<h1 class="title"><?php the_title(); ?></h1>

paste this:

In the code above, the 300 is the width of the image and the 200 is the height. It will also add in a class of “portfolio” that you can use to style the image. Most likely you’ll want to float it to the left and add a right and bottom margin to it so it has some space from the rest of your content.

Give that a shot and let me know if you run into any trouble,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Thumbnails for Posts Page’ is closed to new replies.