Text Widget on Home Page

Support Area Forums Bottega Text Widget on Home Page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Angela Sidler
    Participant

Hello

I use 3 text widgets in home area. The three text widgets have the same with but unfortunately not the same hight. this looks not nice.

Is there a possibility to generate a text widget with 3 colums, 3 titles etc.? this means the grey background of the three text widgets should be connected to each other.

I found the solution to change the width of the text widget but i would like to have three text widgets on one horizontal line which are connected to each other (not in separated fields).

I hope you understand my question.

Best regards
    puntina

Bill Robbins

Hi Putina,

Great question. Instead of using three text widgets, I would suggest placing the content of those widgets in the content area of your home page. You could then use a columns plugin like Column Shortcodes (https://wordpress.org/plugins/column-shortcodes/) to break that content up into three columns.

Let me know how that works out.

Take care,
    Bill

Angela Sidler
    Participant

Hi Bill

Thanks for your fast response. This is a good idea but I think it’s not exactly what I need. Or is it possible to give the three columns a colored background like the grey box from the text-widget?

Is it possible to give the three text-widgets the same hight? It should look like three identical boxes or one box (full width) with three columns of text.

best regards
    puntina

Bill Robbins

Hi Angela,

It’s up to you. You can change the background of the spot where the content of the page goes, or you can set the three text widgets to have the same height and be in separate boxes.

Whichever way you choose, add it to your home page and then send over a link to it. That way I can send back over the correct instructions for the way you want to go.

Thanks,
    Bill

Angela Sidler
    Participant

Hi Bill

I have found the perfect solution with your help! Thank you very much for your support!

Best regards
    puntina

Bill Robbins

Glad that did the trick Puntina 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Text Widget on Home Page’ is closed to new replies.