Text & Sidebar

Support Area Forums Responsive Visual Text & Sidebar

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Sasha Bell
    Participant

I seem to be having trouble adding text to my pages, using the “Home Page” template and am wondering what I might be doing wrong. I understand that using the “text” widget on the HOME SIDEBAR brings up a text box, though when I type text into the text window under “edit page” nothing seems to show.

I am also having trouble working out how to move the side bar from left to right, as the “content panel” drop-down menu seems to have no effect.

Is there something I am missing perhaps? Any help on this subject would be most helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Bill Robbins

Sasha,

Great question. For the home page template, the content is added in via widgets. I set it up that way to give the most flexibility in terms of the type of content you can place in the home page.

If you’d like to add in text like the demo has, you can add a text widget to the “Home Sidebar” and it will show up in the home page template.

You can also use a normal page with the gallery format to create your front page if you’d like to. That might be easier if you just want to enter your content into the page editor. The images in your slideshow then would be any images you upload on that page (you don’t have to insert them).

See if that doesn’t help. If you have any trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Sasha Bell
    Participant

Thanks Bill. This normal page layout you mentioned, is it the ‘default’ layout? Because if so, I seem to get a layout that does not look like anything on the example site and not really what I’m after. If not, I don’t seem to have anything labelled “normal”, so is there another page layout I can look at implementing?

It also leaves an issue of moving the sidebar form left to right. I have tried playing around with the “content panel” but this doesn’t have any effect.

I appreciate any light you can shine on this.

Bill Robbins

Sasha,

Good question. It’s combination of template and format. You would choose the “Default Template” and then select the “Gallery” format. That will make a slideshow of all the images you’ve uploaded on that page. If you choose image, it will display the featured image in the background, but not a slideshow.

See if setting the template to default and the format to video doesn’t help. The actual home page template will have the content bar on the right only (and uses widgets), but the gallery format will let you choose where to place the content bar.

Let me know if you have any trouble,
    Bill

Sasha Bell
    Participant

Thanks Bill. Yes, it’s a strange one, but I have tried your suggestion prior and not only do I lose the gallery when I chose “default”, but all content (including the navigation bar), except for the logo I have set to appear on my pages. Perhaps it was a setting I indadvertedly changed somewhere along the line. In any case, no luck, I’m afraid.

Any thoughts on a possible solution would be most welcome. Thanks.

Bill Robbins

Any chance you could send over a link to your site, or if you want, if you’ll email a login to support@organizedthemes.com, I’d be happy to set it up to get you started.

Sasha Bell
    Participant

Thanks Bill, I have sent you an email to follow this matter further. Any help would e brilliant.

Thanks.

Bill Robbins

Sasha,

Thanks for sending over the login. I made a change or two to your projects page. Since you wanted just a still image for the background, I set it to use the “image” format. I also set the featured image (that’s the image that is the background behind your content) to one of the images from your media library.

It should look similar to the front page now, just with a still image instead of a slideshow and a content area instead of widgets.

If you have any trouble or questions, just let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Text & Sidebar’ is closed to new replies.