Switching from Kerygma

Support Area Forums Church Builder Switching from Kerygma

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bill Robbins 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://fruitlandcovenant.org
  • Author

Carl Franzon
    Participant

Bill,

I am considering moving our site, currently using Kerygma to Church Builder to gain some flexibility.

My question is if the tags and coding are similar enough such that I won’t have to repost all my content. In other words, will the sermon series, pages, and other things show up easily enough in Church Builder. I know that at a previous church when I switched themes (not one of yours), nearly all the content seemed to disappear. I understand a little coding but not enough to know what happened; some of it had to do with URL structure, other with custom post types.

I know there are no guarantees and rarely does anything go exactly as planned, but what are your thoughts on the switch? In terms of work on the other side, is it going to be vast amounts of pain or only a little. I was thinking about just trying it to see but wasn’t sure if just switching the themes (if they were too different) would be enough to cause chaos.

Thanks!

Carl

Bill Robbins

Hey Carl,

That is an excellent question. The underlying structure of the themes is made so that you can switch between them. The biggest change to the podcasting is in the feed pages. I moved the settings for the feeds out of the theme options (Church Builder actually doesn’t have a theme options page — all customizations are in the customizer) and into the page itself. When you select the feed template, the content area of the edit screen gets replaced by the options for the feed. So you would need to enter that information that’s in the theme options now into the feed page itself.

That should be the change for the actual content of the site. No doubt you’ll want to make some changes, but that should be the one that forced on you by switching.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Carl Franzon
    Participant

Wonderful. Thanks.

Carl

Bill Robbins

Anytime 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Switching from Kerygma’ is closed to new replies.