Staff page – alignment issues

Support Area Forums Kerygma Staff page – alignment issues

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.ethefathershouse.org/wp/index.php/ourstaff/
  • Author
    James Smith
    Participant

Hi, great theme. Everybody loves it!

Staff Page – I’ve tried several things to get it straightened out but it still breaks at ‘David’
    Any ideas?

Thanks,
    James

Bill Robbins

Hi James,

I”m glad you’re liking the theme 🙂

Sorry for the alignment trouble there. I just published an update to the theme that I hope will take care of that for you. It should appear in the updates section of your dashboard soon. If it doesn’t do the trick, let me know.

Have a great Thanksgiving,
    Bill

James Smith
    Participant

Well, I have it set not to update because I made some edits early on in dev. Is there anything specific I can try?

-J

Bill Robbins

Hey James,

The best option would be to take the changes that you’ve made and move them into a child theme. That way you can update the parent theme without risking the changes that you’ve made. It’s the most upgrade proof way to edit a WordPress theme.

If that’s not possible, here’s what you could do. Download the new version of the theme from our downloads section (https://support.organizedthemes.com/downloads/) and unzip the kerygma.zip file to see the theme’s contents. Copy the taxonomy-staff-group.php and page-staff-list.php files to your site.

Next open up the style.css file that’s in the theme you just downloaded. Replace the staff section in your current style.css file with the new one. Also in the responsive section, you’ll need to copy over the staff parts from the smaller than tablets section to your current site.

Basically the update wraps the list of staff members in a div with a specific class. The styling for the staff list is then applied directly to that list. Hopefully that will fix the margin issue there. I believe the staff group description was throwing the number of items off which was causing them to line up like that. This should have them in a container by themselves for numbering purposes.

Let me know if I can help out,
    Bill

James Smith
    Participant

Perfect! Thank you so much!!!

-J

Bill Robbins

Anytime 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Staff page – alignment issues’ is closed to new replies.