staff group not showing up on page

Support Area Forums Live staff group not showing up on page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://oltch.org
  • Author
    Paul Trefry
    Participant

Hi there.

We transferred our hosting to godaddy from dreamhost. On my staff page (aka Meet the Children) I’m getting a blank page, no staff is showing up there.

Any help would be appreciated!

Bill Robbins

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your business first of all. Sorry for the trouble there. I’ve just pushed out an update to the theme that I believe will help you out with your staff page. If you have any trouble after updating to version 3.2.7, let me know and we can manually apply the changes to that file for you.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Mary,

In your WordPress dashboard, in the Dashboard link on the left hand side, there’s a spot for updates there. Click on it. You may have to refresh the screen, but it should show up there or will soon. It can sometimes take WordPress a little while to find the update.

If you need to go on and try the page update manually you can. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress control panel and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose page-staff.php
    3. Replace everything in that file with this:

Be sure to copy that code from the support site and not the notification email.

4. Save your changes.

If you have any trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Thanks for sending over the login. In this instance WordPress was a bit confused. The staff group is named Meet The Children and there were also a couple of pages that had been created with the same name. I believe that was the source of the trouble.

I changed the “slug,” the portion of the URL that goes with that staff type, to just “children” and that seems to have resolved things.

If you run into any other trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘staff group not showing up on page’ is closed to new replies.