Staff Details and Network Links

Support Area Forums United Staff Details and Network Links

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Corby Stephens
    Participant

It seems as though whatever link is set for the Network 1 Link becomes the link for any and all other actual network links. In other words, no matter what I set in the Network 1 Link, when I hover over any of the other icons, I get what is set in Network 1 Link.

It also appears that this happens on the demo site for the theme as well.

Also, when I click on the Network 1 Icon pulldown menu, I get more options for Network 1 than I do for the rest of the Network menus. It includes RSS, Skype, and a few others that the rest don’t have.

Perhaps the two issues are related? An improperly closed tag?

Corby Stephens
    Participant

Seriously, I wrote up a whole support request post, and now I don’t see the text.

Corby Stephens
    Participant

Let’s try this again. Whatever I put for the Network 1 Link becomes the link for any and all other network links for a given staff member. This also seems to be the case in the demo site for the theme.

Also, the Network 1 Icon menu has more options than the rest of the Network X Icon menus.

Bill Robbins

Corby,

Thank you for your business first of all. Any chance you could send a link to where you’re working wit the theme so I can take a look for you?

Thanks,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

I see it now. Here’s what you’ll want to do:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress control panel and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose staff-details.php
    3. Replace all the code in that file with this:
    4. Save your changes.

That should take care of it for you. I’ll also release an update to the theme today.

If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Enjoy your weekend,
    Bill

Corby Stephens
    Participant

Thanks, Bill. That took care of the link problem. But in the Staff editing page the pull downs for the Network Icon are not uniform. The first one lists more social network options than all the rest.

Bill Robbins

That’s not good either. You can make the list uniform if you need to use more than one of the networks in the first one that isn’t in the subsequent ones. To do that you’ll need to install and activate a plugin called WP Editor because the built-in editor can’t access the necessary file to edit.

Once you’ve installed the plugin, go to the Appearance section and select Theme Editor. In the right hand column, select the “includes” folder and then the “custom-meta-boxes” folder inside it. Then you’ll be able to select the united.php folder. Replace all the content there with this:

Let me know if you have any trouble,
    Bill

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Staff Details and Network Links’ is closed to new replies.