Social Widget

Support Area Forums Foxy Social Widget

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bill Robbins 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://foxybar.speedimobilewebsite.ca
  • Author

Dan Abra
    Participant

I am testing my site on an ipad and the social widget displays larger than the background. When I view the website on my smartphone the social widget displays okay. I am showing my website to a prospect and would like to get this fixed. You mentioned somewhere in this forum that you can use the new facebook plugin. What are the required dimensions or can you leave the widget as 100% width which is now the standard for mobile rendering.

Bill Robbins
    Keymaster

Hi Dan,

There are two ways to add Facebook social plugins to your site. You can either create them yourself at Facebook ( https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins ) or use a WordPress plugin for them. The code that Facebook gives you there you could place inside a text widget and add to the sidebar. The advantage of going this route is you could specify more exactly what you want to display on this site.

If you’re using the Jetpack plugin that’s common on WordPress sites, it has a Facebook page widget that should also work. There are also numerous plugins for Facebook widgets that should do the trick. I believe the “official” Facebook plugin is no longer supported so I would stay away from it, but there are quite a few other to choose from.

You could try tweaking the CSS just a bit. If you want to try that route, here’s what you might try:

1. In your WordPress dashboard click on the Appearance section and choose Theme Options.
    2. From the tabs at the top, choose the Styling one.
    3. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

.ot-facebook iframe {
      	width: 100% !important;
      	max-width: 100% !important;
      }

.ot-facebook {
      	overflow: hidden;
      }

4. Save your changes.

Let me know if you have any questions or trouble,
    Bill

Dan Abra
    Participant

Where did you get that trick?

It works!

Bill Robbins
    Keymaster

Glad to hear that did the trick! Just a brainstorm I had thinking about the situation.

If you run into any other questions, let me know.

Have a great weekend,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Social Widget’ is closed to new replies.