Slideshow Shortcode?

Support Area Forums Foundation Slideshow Shortcode?

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Jeff Mackler
    Participant

I want to add the slideshow to some other pages. Is there a shortcode that can be dropped into a post?

Bill Robbins

There is a gallery post template that will let you add a slideshow to a post. Just choose “Gallery Post” from the page template drop down box in the right hand column of the post edit screen.

The images are the images that have been uploaded on that post. The images are sized by going to “Settings>Media” and entering a size in the “Medium Image” size. The demo is set to 630 pixels wide by 500 pixels tall. If you make a change there, it will affect future images uploaded, but not ones that have already been added. To change those, you’ll need to use the “Regenerate Thumbnails” plugin which you can find at http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/

Let me know if you have any trouble or questions.

Jeff Mackler
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response. However, I just want to use exactly the same thing that I’m running on the home page. It’s going in multiple places so just looking for a code to stick in across the board. Any way?

Bill Robbins

Jeff,

There isn’t a built in shortcode, but you can add one for that. I gave this a quick experiment and it worked in the post I tested it in. Here’s how to add it.

1. Go to the appearance section and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose functions.php
    3. Scroll down to the very bottom just above the ?> and past this:

Then save your changes. You can then use the shortcode [organizedthemes_slideshow] to display the slideshow where you’d like it to go.

Jeff Mackler
    Participant

Awesome! I really appreciate the amazing support.

Bill Robbins

Thank you for your business and I’m glad to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Slideshow Shortcode?’ is closed to new replies.