slider not working and footer is missing

Support Area Forums Forward slider not working and footer is missing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://nufi.org
  • Author
    Henry Morris
    Participant

Hi Bill,
    my guess is this issue tarted in the past week. I’ve tried IE and Chrome and the site is not working correctly on either browser.

Bill Robbins

Hi Henry,

Looking at the site it appears that the something is off with the footer.php or the call to it on the site. The footer is loaded up there, and the script that runs the slideshow is loaded there as well.

It looks like the site is running a child theme. Is the footer modified in the child theme?

Let me know and we’ll go from there,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

If that’s the case, I don’t have a copy of it. If you’d like to download it and email it to me, I can take a look for you. There is a plugin called WP Downloader (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-downloader/) that may make it possible for you to download a copy of the theme as a zip file and send it my way.

Bill Robbins

Hi Henry,

Previously the “Giving Hope” widget was a visual editor widget instead of a text widget. The styling was also tied to that specific widget instance. You can add this to the Custom CSS in the advanced section of the Customizer to make this widget take up two columns:

div#text-5.widget {
    	width: 710px;
    }

@media only screen and (min-width: 1024px) and (max-width: 1180px) {

div#text-5.widget {
    		width: 590px;
    	}

}

@media only screen and (max-width: 1023px) {

div#text-5.widget {
    		width: 100%;
    	}

}

Hope that helps out,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘slider not working and footer is missing’ is closed to new replies.