Slider Not Connecting/ Posting Acting Weird

Support Area Forums Foundation Slider Not Connecting/ Posting Acting Weird

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.RobertTanguay.com
  • Author
    Participant

Season’s Greetings Bill,

Hope all is well. I’ve had an issue for a while. My site was hacked a long time ago, got rid of most of hack, but missed a plugin they installed. Site is CLEAN  now, finally, but somehow the site is messed.

There was an issue I had told you about where the entire theme reset for some reason. I have fixed much of what I can, but the slider still does not show on home page, even though the slides and images are in the backend.

I have issues updating posts, setting featured images, and other weird issues like check boxes weren’t working such as when updatign plugins and when working, would not update sucessfuly. I had to update via “update now” link on the individual plugins.

I recall one late night removing a post.php file why trying to clean hack, not sure if that is the cause of the issue.

I’m going to try re-installing WP again, and also reinstalling the theme for the first time. I have a backup that is super easy to restore.

Questions:

What are the files that I should save a copy of for the theme settings?

Why is the slider not showing? Any idea of how to fix?

Thank you kindly,

Robert

Organized Themes
    Participant

Hi Tangeray,

My name is Samuel.

Let me see if I can help you our here.

Send me admin details as a private reply. I will run some security scans to see what files have been edited from the default.

To Answer your questions;

Q. What are the files that I should save a copy of for the theme settings?

A. Keep the wp-content folder as these contains your theme files and any CSS changes you might have made. Also, make a back up of your DB.

Q. Why is the slider not showing? Any idea of how to fix?

A. It is hard to tell until I have had a look at the admin.

Cheers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Slider Not Connecting/ Posting Acting Weird’ is closed to new replies.