Slide loads incorrectly

Support Area Forums Authentic Slide loads incorrectly

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://limerickchurch.com/wp3/
  • Author
    selu mdlalose
    Participant

Hi

If I load or refresh the home page the slide doesn’t display immediately. Instead, a bar displays along the top of where the slide should be.

Also, how do I change the font-weight of the navigation menu as on the site demo?

Thanks
    Selu

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Selu,

Great question there. The slider won’t begin until all of the slides have been loaded. If you’d like, it is possible to set a height for the slideshow so that it’ll display at its full height until the slides have loaded instead of just the collapsed border being visible. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to the Theme Options page and select the Styling tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

@media only screen and (min-width: 1024px) {

.home .flexslider {
      		min-height: 378px;
      	}

}

3. Update your settings.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

selu mdlalose
    Participant

Hi Bill,

Thanks, have added CSS and it certainly looks much better. I still think there’s some other problem. I have only 2 slides and they are both each abt 50kB. Surely they should load quicker than they’re doing?

Thanks again,
    Selu

Bill Robbins

From this point, you’ll have your best success speeding things up by using a caching plugin like WP Super Cache (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-super-cache/). It essentially saves that results of each page as it’s created and then serves the saved copy to your visitors instead of retrieving it fresh from the database. That makes things much faster.

It also has options to compress your content as its sent. If you’ll enable that and also the caching I believe you’ll find your site quite fast.

Let me know if you have any trouble,
    Bill

selu mdlalose
    Participant

thank you, much better

Bill Robbins

Fantastic. Have a great day and let me know if you need anything else.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Slide loads incorrectly’ is closed to new replies.