Setting up the Donation Link in Foundation

Support Area Forums Foundation Setting up the Donation Link in Foundation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.whalesanctuaryproject.org
  • Author
    Michael Mountain
    Participant

Hello,
    I’m switching our organization’s donation service to PayPal. And since I’ll still be using the theme’s donation widget, rather than a simple PayPal donation button, the PayPal setup is asking me for the url of my button image. Can you tell me where I can find that?
    I’m attaching a screenshot of the PayPal setup page, where you’ll see that I’ve clicked the “Use your own button image”, which I’m assuming is the right thing.
    Thanks so much.
    Michael.

Bill Robbins

Hi Michael,

Great question. For the theme’s donation widget, you don’t need to create a button at PayPal. There is a spot in the widget where you can enter your PayPal email address. That will make sure the funds go to you when they are donated.

You’re more than welcome to create your own button at PayPal and use it in a text widget if you’d rather. The image URL option is for you to use if you’ve created a button in Photoshop or another graphics program and want to use it. Otherwise you’ll want to go with a standard PayPal button.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Take care,
    Bill

Michael Mountain
    Participant

OK, I’ll just put the email address in. But I also have a “Donate” menu item in the Top Nav. This has a custom link that’s looking for a url, and no email option. Any thoughts on that?
    M.

Bill Robbins

The navigation item may be a bit trickier. PayPal once had a URL that you could give out for donations with the idea of including it in emails, but I don’t believe that’s available anymore. You could look around your PayPal dashboard and see if you can find a donation URL that you can use. If not, you could make a page on your site for donations and place that link in your navigation menu. Then place one of PayPal’s buttons into the content of that page. That would be another options.

Let me know if you run into trouble,
    Bill

Michael Mountain
    Participant

Sounds good. I should be able to work it. Thanks.

Bill Robbins

Anytime. If you need anything, we’ll be here.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Setting up the Donation Link in Foundation’ is closed to new replies.