setting up blog page

Support Area Forums Epic setting up blog page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.levittownchristian.com
  • Author
    Jennifer Johnson
    Participant

I’m sure this is very simple and I feel like I should be able to figure it out, but I’m a newbie. So thanks for your patience. I want to add a blog page to our site and I want the latest posts to show up on the home page as well. I know how to create a new page, of course, and I understand that I need to go into the “Reading” settings on the home page set up and specify that it should pull in the latest posts from the blog page. I’m also used to adding posts, tagging, etc. My question is a process one: If I add a new post, it won’t be on the blog page. But the home page content is pulling from the blog page. How do I set up the blog page and the individual posts so that this all works together? Does that make any sense?

Bill Robbins

Hi Jennifer,

Sorry for any confusion there. The posts widget on the home page will pull content from the category of your choosing. The “posts page” — your blog page — will pull posts from all categories. So if a post is in a category other than the one specified on the home page it’ll show up in the blog, but not on the home page. Does that make sense?

Let me know if you need any help,
    Bill

Jennifer Johnson
    Participant

Okay….so I write posts using the “add posts” and set the categories I want, and use the post widget to pull from the various categories and put those posts on the home page.That gets them on the home page. How do the posts populate the blog page?

Bill Robbins

Every published post will end up on the blog page, from every category. It’s the catch all archive of every post. It happens automatically when each post is published.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘setting up blog page’ is closed to new replies.