Set Homepage to have no image

Support Area Forums Foxy Set Homepage to have no image

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Stacey Gross
    Participant

i am working on a website for a client and they want the homepage to only have the sidebar. the rest they would like to be blank. is there a way to do this?

also, they do not want any background colors boxes behind the text – i am not sure if this will work well or not with images as the background but i would like to be able to give it a try so i can show it to her. is this possible?

the site is not live, so i don’t have a link to share.

thanks
    stacey

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Stacey,

Great questions there. For the page that only has a sidebar that is quick to set up. Edit the page where you’d like to do that. Look in the right hand column for the attributes box. In it you’ll see a drop-down for templates. Choose the “blank” one and save your changes. That will take out the content area just leaving the other elements on that page. You can see what it looks like at http://demo.organizedthemes.com/foxy/blank/ .

You can take out the semi-transparent black color in the background of the areas with text. Here’s how:

1. In your WordPress dashboard click on the Appearance section and choose Theme Options.
    2. From the tabs at the top, choose the Styling one.
    3. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

#content,
      div#sidebar nav a, 
      div#sidebar nav a:visited,
      #sidebar .widget,
      select.tinynav {
      	background-color: transparent;
      }

h1.title,
      h1.page-title,
      .page h2.title,
      div#sidebar nav a, 
      div#sidebar nav a:visited,
      h4.widget-title  {
      	background: transparent !important;
      }

The top style there will adjust the black backgrounds. The second style is for the color behind the titles and navigation elements. Feel free to customize those to fit your needs.

4. Save your changes.

If you have any questions or trouble, let me know.

Have a great week,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Set Homepage to have no image’ is closed to new replies.