Separate blog that looks just like "messages" in Sea Side Theme

Support Area Forums Agency Separate blog that looks just like "messages" in Sea Side Theme

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Gary Young
    Participant

Hello,

I have your Sea Side theme. I am using it for a church website (www.esumcprague.org).
    I would like to create a separate Pastor’s Blog with the same look and feel as your “messages” category. In particular I like the subscription widget in black with options that you can subscribe via rss or iTunes.

Can I have a separate “Pastor’s Blog” which appears on the menu bar at the top of the website that has the same look and feel as “messages”? Of course, how would I do this. 🙂

Many thanks in advance,
    Gary Young
    garywayneyoung@gmail.com

Bill Robbins

Gary,

Great question. There is a blog that’s built into the theme. You can see an example of it on the Features page in the demo.

Basically to use it, you just create a category for your blog posts. Then add all the posts you’d like to include in your blog to that category (you can use multiple categories if you’d like to). Lastly add that category to your navigation (Appearance section, then menu). That will create a “page” for your blog.

To add the subscribe widget from the messages page, you’ll need to make a small edit to the theme.

1. Go to the appearance section and select edit to open up the theme editor.
    2. From the list of files on the right, open up sidebar-post.php
    3. Create a couple of extra lines at the top by placing your cursor before the < and hitting return twice.
    4. Paste this at the very top:

5. Save your changes.

That will add the widget from the messages page to the top of your sidebar.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Separate blog that looks just like &quot;messages&quot; in Sea Side Theme’ is closed to new replies.