Second Home Page with specific blog feeds and sidebar.

Support Area Forums Foundation Second Home Page with specific blog feeds and sidebar.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Jim van Oeffelen
    Participant

Hi, I would like to setup a new home page for our annual fund raiser that is similar to the main home page, but only shows blog feeds from a specific category. Would also like to have a couple of the widgets on the side bar to be unique to this home page (not the same or not shared with any other page).

Is this possible?

Bill Robbins

One of the best things about WordPress is that just about anything is possible. If you’ll let me know what the name of the category is you’d like to display on this new page, I’ll send you the changes you need to make.

Jim van Oeffelen
    Participant

Cat name is ‘Bid For Bachelors & Bachelorettes’. The slug is ‘bidforbach-2’.

Bill Robbins

Thanks Jim. I’ll email you a couple of modified files this evening. What address do you want me to send them to?

Jim van Oeffelen
    Participant

Thanks Bill. Please send to jim@ffofcf.org.

FYI: Found I have access to ‘WordPress All-in-One for Dummies’ in my Books 24×7 subscription. WOW!! I am seeing the light that you have been speaking of. Compared to WordPress my HTML/CSS Kung-Fu is old and weak. Time to give it a shot of youth and strength by merging it with the knowledge of WordPress. Of course I need to learn the deeper workings of PHP too ;).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Second Home Page with specific blog feeds and sidebar.’ is closed to new replies.