Scroll bars not visible

Support Area Forums Responsive Visual Scroll bars not visible

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Marjorie Cohen
    Participant

Hi Bill, sorry another question – can I make the scroll bars more visible? Currently, they are only visible when hovering over the text, and then not always.

Also, is it possible to make the scroll bar wider?

At the moment people are not aware there is more text within the box and that they need to scroll down.

http://www.mynameisvivienne.com/synopsis/

Thanks,
    Marjorie.

Bill Robbins

Marjorie,

You can make the scroll bars more visible. Go to the Theme Options page and choose the Styling tab. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

.nano > .pane {
      background: rgba(0,0,0,.5);
      width: 12px;
      opacity: .6; 

}

.nano > .pane > .slider {
      background: rgba(0,0,0,.75);
    }

Update your settings and see if that works better for you. It’s possible to make them even more opaque without hovering. Just change the opacity: .6 above to a higher number (on a scale from 0 to 1). You can make it wider by changing the width too.

If you run into trouble, let me know,
    Bill

Marjorie Cohen
    Participant

Thanks for your help, Bill, though I pasted the code in and I don’t think it worked.

Any ideas?

http://www.mynameisvivienne.com/synopsis/

Bill Robbins

Sorry Marjorie. The greater than signs didn’t paste through properly. Try taking out what you put in earlier and replace it with this:

Let me know if that doesn’t work better.

Marjorie Cohen
    Participant

Hmm, still doesn’t seem to be working. I adjusted the opacity and width, no change.

Marjorie Cohen
    Participant

Not sure if it matters, but > is coming out differently after I Save Options. When I pasted it in here to give an example it reverted back to >.

Bill Robbins

It looks like the arrows still aren’t quite right in the Custom CSS box. Here’s what your source code looks like:

When I change it so it looks like this:

I end up with a scroll bar like this:

If you need help changing it, just send a login to support@organizedthemes.com and I’d be glad to do it for you.

Marjorie Cohen
    Participant

Yes, I will do, thanks Bill.

For some reason when I paste in the code, the arrows are being changed.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Scroll bars not visible’ is closed to new replies.