Scaling and Logo Sizing

Support Area Forums Elite Scaling and Logo Sizing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.personalizedceremony.com
  • Author
    Jesse Fox
    Participant

I’m having a few issues with the Elite theme.

my site: http://www.personalizedceremony.com

1. The entire site looks different on different computers. It’s not scaling properly. On my laptop that I created it on, everything looks mostly good, but on my bigger screen desktop the logo is super tiny, and the menu isn’t even showing up. I can send you screenshots so you can see what I mean.

2. The logo I’m trying to use is only stay small on the header of the site. I need to make it bigger, but can’t figure out how. It stays the same size no matter how big the file that I upload is.

Not sure if these two things are related, or there is something else going on here….

Thank you

Bill Robbins

Hello Jesse,

Good questions. The theme is set by default to limit the maximum width of the logo to keep it from overlapping with the navigation bar. You can turn that off this way:

1. Go to your theme options page and choose the Advanced tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

@media only screen and (min-width: 521px) {

#logo,
      	#text-logo {
      		max-width: 100%;
      	}

}

3. Update your settings.

That will set the logo to have a maximum width of 100%. You don’t want to set it to none otherwise the logo won’t resize smaller once it’s larger than the screen’s width.

It looks like the theme options need to be saved. Go to the Appearance section in your dashboard and click on Theme Options. Scroll down and save them once. That will push some defaults into the database for us. I think that will help out the mobile menu for you.

Let me know if you have trouble,
    Bill

Jesse Fox
    Participant

Thanks Bill! Do I just past that code in anywhere?

Also, I have saved it several times, and it’s still the same result.

Bill Robbins

Jesse,

Go to the Appearance section in your dashboard and click on Theme Options. Choose the Advanced tab and scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste that code snippet there. Then save your changes. Don’t edit the theme’s style.css file directly or you won’t be able to update the theme in the future.

Bill

Jesse Fox
    Participant

The Logo sizing worked! Thank you. I’m still having the issues with the site scaling, and menu not showing up on my desktop/phone for some reason.

Bill Robbins

I’ve attached a screenshot of what I’m seeing now. If you’re seeing something different let me know.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Scaling and Logo Sizing’ is closed to new replies.