Remove page title from home page

Support Area Forums Foxy Remove page title from home page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Raj Vasa
    Participant

Hi,

I was wondering if there was anyway possible to remove the page title from the home page. If I remove the page title from the wordpress page and click save, a small rectangle still appears in the color of the title header. Basically what I want to do is be able for the home page just to have either nothing but the background pictures on the right side (making it look very clean) or just having a featured slider on the right side with no title. Is this possible?

Bill Robbins

Raj,

You can hide the logo on the home page. Here’s what I would suggest doing:

1. Go to the Theme Options page and select the Styling tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and paste this:

.home #logo,
      .home #text-logo {
      	text-indent: -9999px;
      }

3. Update your settings.

That will shift the logo off screen, but still leave it in the code for search engines and anyone using a screen reader. It'll also keep the sidebar in the same spot (it won't shift up) which will make for a more uniform appearance across your pages.

If you have any trouble, let me know and if possible, send over a link too.

Thanks,
    Bill

Raj Vasa
    Participant

Hey Bill, again thanks so much for the promt reply — I am going to be purchasing a non profit theme that you produced soon for an upcoming project because of your great support.

The logo wasn’t what I was hoping to change. I mean the page titles, such as the Welcome in the Foxy theme with the red background. Is there anyway that the homepage could only have the logo and the sidebars and nothing on the right side where your welcome is. In addition, is there a way to eliminate the Welcome header and just be able to place a slider in the body of that page?

Bill Robbins

I understand now. There are two options for you. There is a “blank” template which only has the logo and sidebar for you. The content box is left out.

You can also just remove the page title from the content box (leaving space for text or anything else). To do that, paste this in the Custom CSS box:

.home .title {
    	display: none;
    }

That will hide the page title, just on the home page.

If that doesn’t work quite right for you, let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Remove page title from home page’ is closed to new replies.