Release notes?

Support Area Forums Grassroots Release notes?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Logan Phillips
    Participant

Hi, I see in my install that a new version of Grassroots is available, 1.2.2. Where can I find release notes for a new version of the theme? Stability and up time are key, I don’t want to upgrade if there’s the slightest chance of complications. Any tips on best practices there?

Bill Robbins

Hi Logan,

Good question. The updates section in the WordPress dashboard doesn’t have a link for changes like the one for plugin’s does. I’ve always found that perplexing since users routinely make changes to themes more than plugins.

What you can do is download the theme from our downloads section and open up the zip file there. Inside the folder that you extract you’ll find a change log that goes over changes made to each file since the last update.

The absolute best practice for updates is to use a staging site. That way you can test out theme and plugin updates without affecting your live site. Some hosts like WP Engine have that built into their feature set so you can easily set up a staging site whenever you need to.

For this most recent Grassroots update, not much changed. Here’s a copy of those:

12.19.2015 - version 1.2.2

* /layouts/hero-options.php -- removed navigation visited states
     * style.css -- removed navigation visited states
     * /includes/custom-css.php -- changed current page drop down hover cover to be more specific with visited pages.

Let me know if I can help,
    Bill

Logan Phillips
    Participant

Bill, great. Thanks.

Suggestions: perhaps post in this forum for each new version? Pinned post for latest release notes? Option to receive an email with update notification / release notes?

Bill Robbins

Thanks for the suggestion Logan. My plan is to add a link to the change log inside the theme instructions. I hope to update my site in the next week or so with my Mise En Place theme and that will be one of the included changes.

Thanks again,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Release notes?’ is closed to new replies.