Rearrange Nav Link Buttons

Support Area Forums Foxy Rearrange Nav Link Buttons

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: www.innovativetradessolutions.com/new-protech-site
  • Author
    John Rocheleau
    Participant

Hello Bill,

Can I rearrange the order of the nav link buttons, i.e., Home; Features; Menu, etc., or do I need to re-name them all and transfer all text from one to another?

I am using Foxy for my HVAC business, not a restaurant, and have completely different names for things… I’ve already re-named some buttons, but did not consider order when I did that, and hate to start over if I don’t have to.

Thank you!

John

Bill Robbins

Hello John,

Good question. You do not have to recreate the items in your menu. In the navigation menu builder (Appearance > Menus in your WordPress dashboard) you can drag and drop the menu items to change their order. Just click on the one you’d like to move and then drag it either up or down in the list to rearrange them. When you’re finished, save your changes and that should do it.

Let me know if you have any questions or trouble,
    Bill

John Rocheleau
    Participant

Thank you, Bill!

I have another issue. When the text in the Page Sidebar Title and the Page Sidebar Body is too long to fit on the line, the word is simply splitting and continuing on to the next line with disregard to where the new syllable in the word begins. For example, “Master Craftsman” is showing as:

Master Craftsm
    an

I would like to see either the whole word drop to the next line, or an option for an automatic hyphen at the appropriate place in the word. Any idea how to resolve this?

Thank you,
    John

Bill Robbins

Hey John,

I believe we can change that back to the normal method. The tricky thing for the sidebar was long email addresses that would never fit in one one line. Here’s how to override that:

1. Go to your theme options page and choose the Style tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

#sidebar .widget {
      	-ms-word-break: normal;
      	word-break: normal;
      }

3. Update your settings.

I think that should do it. I didn’t see the text in the text widget at the moment so it’s not tested, but I think that’s what you need.

Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Rearrange Nav Link Buttons’ is closed to new replies.