Re-size slideshow height

Support Area Forums Epic Re-size slideshow height

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://cadencedelaware.com/
  • Author
    John Lee
    Participant

Hello,
    I am seeking to re-size the height of my home page slideshow. I’ve browsed through the support area and found a suggested change to functions.php but I noticed it is not consistent with what I am seeing, I am not seeing any size options.

Thanks

Bill Robbins

Hello John,

Great question there. There are two different ways you can go about changing the slideshow height.

Option 1
    Because of how WordPress resizes images, what you can do is start out with an images that’s already equal to the width of the slider (960 pixels wide). Then to set the height, size all of your images to be the same height. As long as the height is shorter than 540 pixels tall, the slider will be the height that you set when you cropped the image.

So basically for option one, you size your images to all be the same height, say 960 pixels wide by 400 pixels tall and you’ll be good to go with a shorter height.

Options 2
    If you don’t mind doing a bit of editing, you can set new limits for the size of the images. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and choose Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose images.php
    3. Find this line (line 5):

add_image_size('single', 960, 540, true);

and change the 540 there to be the height in pixels you’d like to have the slider be.

4. Save your changes.

That will change the image size for the slider for all future uploads. To change the images you’ve already uploaded, you’ll need to install a plugin called Regenerate Thumbnails. It adds a new screen in the Tools section where you can resize the existing images on your site.

Let me know if you have any questions,
    Bill

John Lee
    Participant

Option 1 did the trick!

Thanks again!

Bill Robbins

Glad to hear that worked for you John 🙂

Let me know if you need anything else.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Re-size slideshow height’ is closed to new replies.