Problem with Podcast form

Support Area Forums United Problem with Podcast form

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    Jeffrey Whitford
    Participant

Hi, I’m working on setting up a new church website using the United theme, and am having issues when trying to add a new podcast. On the new/edit Podcast form, when I click the “Upload File” button to upload a message audio file, I do not receive any response from the page. I cannot upload an audio.

I’m using Google Chrome on a Mac, but I’ve tried using my Windows 7 notebook as well as other browsers (Firefox, Safari), and all respond the same way. What steps can I take to help determine what is stopping this function from working?

Thank you!
    Todd

Attachments:
    Bill Robbins

Hi Todd,

Sorry for the trouble there. Typically that means there is some type of javascript error on that page. It could be caused by a conflict with a plugin. Try disabling all of the plugins on the site. Then refresh the add podcast screen. See if the upload pop up won’t appear then. If it does, then turn your plugins on, one by one until it stops working. Then we’ll know what the source of the trouble is.

If that doesn’t do the trick, let me know and we’ll go from there.

Thanks,
    Bill

Jeffrey Whitford
    Participant

OK, I disabled all the plugins. I’m just getting started with the site, so there isn’t really much going on at this point.

No change. The “Upload File” buttons on the Podcast page still do not work.

For whatever it’s worth, I turned on Chrome’s Javascript console and clicked to edit the podcast draft I’m working on. The following three errors appeared upon loading the page, however nothing happens when I click the upload button:

GET http://opcjapanmission.org/SendaiMegumiChapel/wp-content/themes/UnitedTheme/includes/custom-meta-boxes/style.css?ver=4.3.1
    post.php?post=7&action=edit:46

GET http://opcjapanmission.org/SendaiMegumiChapel/wp-content/themes/UnitedTheme/includes/custom-meta-boxes/js/jquery.timePicker.min.js?ver=4.3.1
    post.php?post=7&action=edit:70

GET http://opcjapanmission.org/SendaiMegumiChapel/wp-content/themes/UnitedTheme/includes/custom-meta-boxes/js/cmb.js?ver=0.9.1 post.php?post=7&action=edit:71

Also, please note that the directory WordPress is installed under is password protected. In case that was the issue, I temporarily removed the protection, but the results were the same.

Bill Robbins

Would it be possible for you to send over a login so I can take a look at the back end of the site? You can mark your reply here as private and I’ll be the only one who can see it.

Thanks,
    Bill

Jeffrey Whitford
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

Hi Todd,

Thanks for sending over the login. It looks like the folder name may have had a space in it. That’s causing the javascript that makes the media pop up work not load. I would suggest changing the theme’s folder name on your server back to being a single, all lowercase word. You may have to reactivate the theme after that, but hopefully that will turn those not found errors on that javascript into working code.

Let me know how it goes,
    Bill

Jeffrey Whitford
    Participant

Thanks. I renamed the directory (sendaimegumichapel) and changed the site settings to point to it, but unfortunately it still does not work. I also tried deactivating and reactivating the theme, as well as copying all the files over to a new directory, but with no positive results.

Should I try reinstalling the theme? Reinstalling wordpress? Or is there something else I can try first?

Bill Robbins

Try downloading it again and then install it fresh again. If you get stuck, let me know and I can install it for you.

If you ever need to you can also upload the files directly into the media library in your dashboard. Once a file is uploaded there, if you’ll click on it, WordPress will give you the URL to your file. You can paste that into the field for the audio file URL.

Lots of people end up hosting their media files on Amazon S3, Google Drive or Dropbox which is one reason why we have that field set up to either allow for uploading or entering a URL directly.

Let me know how it goes,
    Bill

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Problem with Podcast form’ is closed to new replies.