Problem with Main Menu/Navigation

Support Area Forums Moonrise Problem with Main Menu/Navigation

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://joyridebrewing.com/
  • Author
    Missy Bergen
    Participant

Hi,

We’re having some issues with our menu/main navigation. The hover menu/pop ups are not functioning properly. When I try to move my mouse down to the pop up items, they disappear. It’s nearly impossible to click on one of the sub-menu items.

The menu also disappears when the screen size drops down and is not visible on mobile devices.

Any insight is appreciated.

Cheers.

Bill Robbins

Hello,

Being able to click the drop-downs is pretty important. It looks like the footer of the site has been edited. It’s perfectly fine to make edits, but I believe one of the “hooks” WordPress uses to load items may have been removed as part of that editing. One of the items the theme loads there is some javascript that helps the navigation menu stay open when people are hovering around the menu.

Go to the appearance section of your WordPress dashboard and click on edit. From the files on your right, choose footer.php. At the very bottom, it should have this present:

(See support site for code to copy)

If you don’t see it there, go on and add it and save your changes.

That should add the hook back in that WordPress needs. Let me know if you run into trouble there.

Take care,
    Bill

Missy Bergen
    Participant

Perfect. Thanks, Bill. That did the trick.

Cheers.

Bill Robbins

Glad to hear that worked for you 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Problem with Main Menu/Navigation’ is closed to new replies.