problem when download the audio in the safari browser

Support Area Forums Kerygma problem when download the audio in the safari browser

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://semillamexico.com/sitio/podcast/aparecio-otra-vez-dios-a-jacob-y-le-bendijo-2/
  • Author
    isaac epinosa
    Participant

Hello old friend, how are you, I bless you and I wish you a good year.

Friend I have a problem when download the audio in the safari browser opens the audio-file in a new tab.
    can you helpme?

Bill Robbins

Hello Isaac,

I hope your 2016 is off to a great start. Great question. In the early versions of Kerygma, the download link was just a link to the media file URL. Chrome supports that downloading just with that, but Safari does not.

The later versions of the theme have a force download script that’s built into the theme that will cause the file to download and not open across browsers. It’s also more secure than the versions I used several years back too.

Since there have been some modifications to the theme, I wouldn’t suggest updating it. What you might do is download the current version. You could copy out the downloads.php file from the includes folder in the updated version and add it to your older version.

Then change the podcast-item.php file so that the message audio links use the script. You can see how that works in the updated version of that file.

Hope that helps out.

Take care,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘problem when download the audio in the safari browser’ is closed to new replies.