'Previewing" changes

Support Area Forums Responsive Visual 'Previewing" changes

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    JILLYNNE FIELDS
    Participant

I had someone install Responsive Visual for me on my inactive WordPress account. I can get to the dashboard and seemingly make changes, but when I click ‘preview’ to see the changes, my live, static “coming soon” page appears. Isn’t there a way to see the changes and create the site before you go live with it?

I really know nothing about all of this…. even some of the lingo in the instructions is foreign to me, so be very elementary in your explaination if you would please.

thanks.
    Jillynne

artasfood.com

Bill Robbins

Jillynne,

Thank you for your business first of all and great question. There is a plugin that I have used several times that lets you have one theme for the public to view and another for you as an administrator so you can make changes to your site in preparation of using the new theme. It’s called Theme Test Drive.

After you install it, there will be a new item in the Appearance section of your WordPress dashboard called “Theme Test Drive.” Click on it and there you can select the theme that you’d like to “test drive” on your site. Only logged in users will see the new theme.

You can then make changes and situate everything before you launch.

If you have any questions or trouble, just let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘'Previewing" changes’ is closed to new replies.