Love this theme. Really nice, congratulations on a beautiful job.
Would very much like to use it on my personal blog. Before doing so, may I ask you a few questions.
1) Gallery posts on the home page are wonderful. The way portrait and landscape pictures are integrated is extremely successful (and rare). How are they produced? Is a masonry plugin used or is the code integrated to the theme?
2) Why don’t featured images show up in single page of gallery posts and photo posts? Is there a way around this? A theme I used previously would automatically grab the 1st image of a post or page as the featured image. How could this be done?
3) When downsizing the browser to see how the theme would look on a smartphone, I noticed that the menu remains empty. Is this due to the demo or also the case in the normal version?
4) Any experience using a plugin to produce widgets in the footer and tabs in templates. Which one would you recommend?
Great questions. Let’s see if we can find answers for you:
1) The galleries on the home page use the jQuery masonry that’s bundled with WordPress. The theme loads it and then pulls all the images that were uploaded to the post and places them using the script. Each post has options for layout with the gallery.
2) You’re more than welcome to add them in if you’d like to. Here’s how:
Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and choose Edit.
From the list of files on your right, choose single.php
Find this line:
<h1><?php the_title(); ?></h1>
and right above it add this:
(Be sure to grab that code directly from the support site and not the notification email).
Save your changes.
That will display the featured image above the title if it exists.
3) On smaller devices the menu switches from a hover a click menu system to a “select.” When you click on “Menu” it will show the pages. It’s much easier to use on a phone than a drop down menu.
4) It is possible to add widgets to the footer, but you’ll have to edit the theme to do that. If you would like to do that, if you’ll create a new post about it, I’ll be glad to show you what to do.
There are quite a few plugins out there that can add in tabs. I honestly don’t have experience with any of them so I’d hate to recommend one without using it first.