Posts stuck on Home Page

Support Area Forums Umami Posts stuck on Home Page

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://mountainairbakery.com
  • Author
    Barbara Chung
    Participant

I cannot seem to find a way to get Posts off of my initial page. After opening (with Posts listed), if I select the Home page, it looks the way it should. Have looked at all the settings, can’t figure out what to do with this.

Also, I was wondering if there’s a way to set a color other than black for the sidebar?

Thanks for any help,

Barbara

Bill Robbins

Hi Barbara,

Great question. By default WordPress will show posts on the front page, but you can change that. First you’ll need to publish a page for your front page. If you plan on also having a blog, you’ll want to also create a page for it too.

Then to to the Settings section in your WordPress dashboard and click on Reading. At the top of this screen is an option to choose what the front page displays. Choose the static page option and then set the page you created to be your home page as the front page using the drop down there for it. Also set the page you’d like to have as your blog page as the “posts page.” Then save your changes.

That should swap out the blog on the front of your site for the page that you designated. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Take care,
    Bill

Barbara Chung
    Participant

Wow, that was so easy, and I looked for it a million times. Thank you!

Bill Robbins

Happy to help out. That’s a really odd setup that WordPress has had for a very long time. Supposedly the core developers are looking at making it easier to set up a home page. Hopefully that will help out everyone once that’s implemented.

Have a great week 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Posts stuck on Home Page’ is closed to new replies.