Post Comments

Support Area Forums United Post Comments

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://servingyourpurpose.com/career-with-a-purpose-1-0/
  • Author
    Ashley Davis
    Participant

Hey Bill,

I know it’s probably super easy, but I’ve tried everything am coming up blank.

Just want to remove “Make A Comment” from the top of the Post pages.

Thanks,
    Ashley

Bill Robbins

Unfortunately with Unite at the moment, the only way to remove it is by editing the theme. Here’s what you’ll need to do:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress control panel and select Edit.
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose post-meta.php.
    3. Delete this section from the line there:

&nbsp;&#124;&nbsp;<a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>#comments"><?php comments_number(__('Make A Comment', 'organizedthemes'), __('1 Comment', 'organizedthemes'), __('% Comments', 'organizedthemes')); ?></a>

4. Save your changes.

Most of the other themes handle that a bit differently. I’m going to try and get out an update to this theme that will update the default color scheme and fix a few other things including that.

Bill

Ashley Davis
    Participant

That’s PERFECT! Thanks Bill! Just didn’t know which php file to change it in. Got it now.

Bill Robbins

Glad that got it. If you want to go on with the new version, the full file will look like this:

which will hide the comment link when comments are closed and add some styling hooks too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Post Comments’ is closed to new replies.