Pop Up box moving while entering form data

Support Area Forums Elite Pop Up box moving while entering form data

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.innernutritionist.com/
  • Author
    Carly Gardner
    Participant

Hi Bill,

This one might be a third party’s fault, but I’m out of options. On the home page there is a button for ‘Get the Guide!’ I have a simple script to load the form once you click the button. After clicking on the ‘name’ field and starting to type, the window jumps to the bottom of the screen and sometimes hides completely, this is happening on all browsers.

I’ve tried disabling every plugin and it still happens, I’m down to the theme as the culprit. Any way you can look?

Thanks!

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Carly,

It looks like the embedded script doesn’t declare its own box sizing. The theme uses border box and that seems to be what’s throwing it off.

Try doing this:

1. Go to your theme options page and choose the Advanced tab.
    2. Scroll down to the Custom CSS box and add this:

body iframe {
      	-moz-box-sizing: content-box; 
      	-webkit-box-sizing: content-box; 
      	box-sizing: content-box; 
      }

3. Update your settings.

That will change all the iframe to use content box instead of border box. If you notice any odd sizing inside any other iframes let me know.

Hope that helps out,
    Bill

Carly Gardner
    Participant

Hmm, no luck. The leadpages.co people seem to think the theme is at fault. Are you experiencing the same issues on your browser?

1. Click the “get the guide” button on the home page
    2. Click in the ‘name’ space
    3. As soon as you type your first letter, the whole box jumps to the bottom of the page, out of sight.
    4. Scroll down to get back to the box and continue

Bill Robbins

I’m trying to do the best that I can to help you out. I’ve spent a good bit of time helping with this customization and it’s horribly frustrating.

I’ve retyped this post seven times now. The bottom line is I can’t duplicate the misbehavior in a way that lets me interact with the code to see what the problem is. I’ve tried making a copy of your home page; that’s how I ended up with the first try at help.

I tried adding the code to my own copy of Elite.

The only spot I can have the box behave like this every time is on your site. If you want me to try and see if I can get to the bottom of it there I can. What I would need are WordPress and FTP login details. If you want to do that, make a private reply to this post and I see what I can turn up.

Bill

Carly Gardner
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

I’m always happy to help out. I have a hard time letting go of a puzzle that I can’t solve. I do wish I had an answer for you there. If I can help with anything else, just let me know.

Take care,
    Bill

Carly Gardner
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

That does make it even more unusual. You might try editing the page-home-template.php file and inserting the code directly into it that way and see if it works reliably for you there. That way you could skip including it via a widget and see if that helps out. Just a thought.

Bill

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Pop Up box moving while entering form data’ is closed to new replies.