Podcast change after upgrade to WP 4.0

Support Area Forums Authentic Podcast change after upgrade to WP 4.0

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question: http://galionfirstlutheran.org
  • Author
    John Renock
    Participant

Bill,
    Have been working with Authentic with little or no problems. I upgraded to WP 4.0 and went to post today’s church service podcast and the functions have changed. When I would insert media before itwould create a link to the file in the podcast folder and I could title each link ie: Full service or just the Word part of the service as two separate choices listed in the dated title. Now it only creates an embedded file on the edit page. All that is visible after published is a playbar imprinted download file (which doesn’t download.) I have consistently used “Insert file from URL” and it has worked up to last week. Perhaps I have been doing something wrong. Let me know.
    Thank you!

John Renock

John Renock
    Participant

Bill,
    Upon further examination I found that “embed” tags were automatically placed around the file URL when I chose “insert media” and used the URL choice. I removed the tags and clicked on link in the toolbar and created what is available now. What is causing the “embed” tags to appear and how can I put two links in one podcast like previous posts?
    Thanks
    John

Bill Robbins

Hey John,

Not that long ago, WordPress added native support for audio and video embedding. You can add a file directly to a page/post and WordPress will add a player for that file for people visiting the front end of the site.

If you’re strictly looking to have people download the files, you might want to use a plugin like Download Monitor which provides a mechanism for inserting files that will be downloaded vs. played in the browser.

Let me know if I can help,
    Bill

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Podcast change after upgrade to WP 4.0’ is closed to new replies.