Parallax just stopped and fixed menu

Support Area Forums Church Builder Parallax just stopped and fixed menu

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question: http://open-arms.church
  • Author
    Simon Richardson
    Participant

My site is in maintenance mode at present, as I’m building it using Church Builder. All was great, until parallax stopped working across the site. The animated words show, but the photo seems to be showing only 1 pixel line. The rest is just a blank space.

I have it now set to fixed, so at least the photo background is showing.

Also, is it possible in this theme to have the menu bar fixed so that it doesn’t scroll?

Bill Robbins

Good Morning Simon,

Sorry for the trouble there. It sounds like there may be a color set in the “Color of Content Area (Wrapper)” that’s in the styling > main content section of the customizer. We recently discovered that when a color is set there it will appear on top of the parallax images leaving just about a 1 pixel row visible.

What I would do is this. Go to that spot in the customizer. Click on the color selector and then use the “clear” button there. See if that won’t allow the parallax images to be seen again. Most likely we’ll remove that option in the next theme update to keep that from happening to anyone else.

You can have a fixed header for the site. Here’s how:

1. Go to the Appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and click on Customize.
    2. Choose the Advanced section and select Custom CSS.
    3. Paste this in the box for the Custom CSS:

#header {
      	position: fixed;
      	background-color: #fff;
      	top: 0;
      }

#wrap {
      	margin-top: 65px;
      }

4. Save your changes.

That will fix the header at the top of the page. You may need to adjust the 65px in that snippet to move the content up/down so that it starts just below the header. With the header fixed the other elements on the page will no longer use it for positioning themselves. The margin there moves that content out from under the header.

You can also change the background color of the header by adjusting the #fff in the snippet above to the color you’d like to use there.

If you run into any questions or trouble, let me know.

Take care,
    Bill

Bill Robbins

Glad to hear that sorted it out for you 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Parallax just stopped and fixed menu’ is closed to new replies.