Page image looks different on Firefox

Support Area Forums Elite Page image looks different on Firefox

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.perribirney.com/tara-thunderbolt
  • Author

Hi Bill,

As you requested, I’m continuing my previous question under a new Topic regarding: http://www.perribirney.com/tara-thunderbolt

I saw the screenshot you sent me of the Tara page that you viewed on Firefox.

The issue still remains for me, though. I’m viewing the page (100%) on Firefox on a normal laptop, not an iPad or mobile device, and the wording and picture coordination is off kilter. I’ve attached the Screenshot (Below) of what I see. Is there a simple explanation for that?

Thank you as always,

Angelina

Bill Robbins

Hi Angelina,

Thanks for sending over the screenshot. That looks like what I see in Firefox, Chrome, Safari on my Mac and on Safari on my iPad. I’m not seeing anything there that looks different from I would expect to see.

Why are you wanting to see there that you’re not now? Let’s go from there.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Specifically, here’s the line I’m talking about:
    A Light Warrior with a Secret Mission to Save the Planet!

You’ll see what I mean if you first look at the SCREENSHOT (attached below) of the INTERNET EXPLORER page and then look at the SCREENSHOT (attached below) of the FIREFOX page.

For some reason, that particular line on the TARA Page on Firefox is off kilter.
    The same line from the TARA Page on Internet Explorer looks fine.

Perhaps this is just a freaky computer thing. If you could let me know, I’d appreciate it.

Thank you!

Angelina

Bill Robbins

Gotcha. Different browsers and operating systems render fonts differently from each other. That causes them to sometimes take up different amounts of space. Most likely that’s what’s happening here. Firefox generally makes its type a bit heavier which causes it to occupy more space than Internet Explorer.

It’s a quirk of browsers and operating systems. It’s a less invasive difference than some of the browser differences of years gone by, but it can still frustrate.

It will be hard to have them end at the same point vertically. If you want that line to be completely to the left of the picture you might look at either making the image just a bit narrower or cutting the text just a bit so there is one fewer line.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks so much for your explanation of the quirks with browsers. Of course, I especially thank you for kindly answering all of my questions, big and small. Your help has been invaluable. Also wanted to let you know that I love the Elite Theme as well as the Foundation Theme which I use on my other site.

Perhaps I’ll be asking another question sooner than I think, but for now signing off.

All the best,

Angelina

Bill Robbins

Happy to help out Angelina 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Page image looks different on Firefox’ is closed to new replies.