Online Giving Widget

Support Area Forums Epic Online Giving Widget

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.fbchayden.com
  • Author
    Chris West
    Participant

We just opened up the world of online giving to our church. I was able to add a menu option that linked straight to the giving portal. It works great. Egiving also gave me a html snippet to embed a widget so I tried using the HTML widget and threw the code in there. It didn’t turn out great. The widget had the other widget in it but it spilled out of the box.

So, can I A)have the html widget stretch to the dimensions of the egiving widget? B)Place the Egiving widget without using the html widget? C)Have the Egiving widget conform to the html widget?

I realize this might be more than what falls within your purview, but I’d rather ask and be shot down. Have I missed an option in the theme to place an egiving widget?

God bless and thanks!

PS. We talked to a design company about making a new site. Your theme was too good though. We kept going, “You want us to pay how much when our little theme already does that?” Thought that might shine a little sunshine on your day.

Bill Robbins

Hi Chris,

Excellent question. Most likely we can do some or all of these items. Would it be possible to see the page with the widget added to it? That way I’ll be able to send over the changes you’ll need in order to make that work correctly. It’ll also let me see what’s possible. Sometimes the content inside embeddable features like that is more flexible than others.

Thanks for the sunshine on this day too 🙂

Take care,
    Bill

Chris West
    Participant

*Edit – I added the website*

Hey Bill,

I added the widget to the homepage in the home bottom. Thanks for your help.

http://www.fbchayden.com

Bill Robbins

Hi Chris,

Thanks for adding that in. It doesn’t appear from this side of the code that I can change the width of that embeddable object. We can change the widget it fits in though if that would work for you. Add this to your Custom CSS that’s in the Advanced tab of the theme options page:

#text-2 {
    	width: 603px;
    }

@media only screen and (min-width: 768px) and (max-width: 1023px) {

#text-2 {
    		width: 699px;
    		clear: both;
    		margin-top: 10px;
    		margin-bottom: 10px;
    	}

}

@media only screen and (max-width: 767px) {

#text-2 {
    		width: 90%;
    		margin-left: 10px;
    	}

}

@media only screen and (max-width: 520px) {

#text-2 {
    		width: 90%;
    		margin-left: 0;
    	}

}

You might ask the vendor you’re using if they have a responsive widget that you can use. That would give you the best results. If they don’t have one, you might suggest they add one.

Take care,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Online Giving Widget’ is closed to new replies.