nothing appearing on home page

Support Area Forums Foundation nothing appearing on home page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://vaccinesafetycouncilminnesota.org/home/
  • Author
    Corey Donovan
    Participant

I have everything filled out in the Foundation Theme options and home page set with template to full width. What am I missing?
    Thanks,
    Lisa

Bill Robbins

Hi Lisa,

Great question. If the page is named “Home” then it will use the home page template from the demo regardless of what template is selected. The home page template gets its content from a slideshow and also from widgets. You can add slides to the slideshow by going to Media in your dashboard and clicking on Slides. Here’s a quick video to show you how to set set up the slideshow:

To add the widgets, go to Appearance in your WordPress dashboard and click on widgets. The home page is made up of two widget areas. Home top is the area to the right of the slideshow. Generally you’ll want to place one widget or two small widgets there. The other spot is the home bottom widget area. This is where you’d place the other content for your home page. You can drag any widget from the available ones and add it to either of theses areas.

If you’d rather not use the home page template, that’s perfectly fine. You’ll just need to name the page something other than “home” such as “front.” That would keep WordPress from picking up the home page template.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Corey Donovan
    Participant

Bill,
    My only options under Media are Library and Add New – no option for Slide. I don’t have a sponsors or press releases link on the dashboard either. Am I just missing parts of the theme?
    Thanks,
    Lisa

Bill Robbins

Hi Lisa,

It looks like the site is running a very early version of Foundation. I would suggest deleting that and then downloading the current one from our downloads section (https://support.organizedthemes.com/downloads/) and installing it. Especially since you’re just starting out with the theme, that’ll serve you best.

Let me know how it goes,
    Bill

Corey Donovan
    Participant

Bill,
    I updated the theme, but was still getting nothing on the home page. Then I did change the template to “home” on the home page and now it’s working (an option that wasn’t available until the updated theme was installed).
    Thanks,
    Lisa

Bill Robbins

Hi Lisa,

Glad you were able to get the updated version installed and running. If you have trouble or questions, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘nothing appearing on home page’ is closed to new replies.