Not able to download the UMAMI Demo

Support Area Forums Umami Not able to download the UMAMI Demo

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
URL to the page in question: http://
  • Author
    emeka okeke
    Participant

I am finding it very difficult installing the umami demo. I uploaded the zipped file to wordpress it gave me a blank page. I deleted the theme and tried to upload the unzipped folder of the theme I couldn’t find the right folders to download to get the full content of the demo. Please help

Bill Robbins

Hi Emeka,

Thank you for your business first of all. Sorry for the trouble there. You do install the theme as the zip file, but not the sample content. What you’ll want to do is install the theme and activate it. That’ll take you to the theme options page. Go on and save that page while you’re there.

If you plan on using WooCommerce to sell items on your site, go on and install it now too. You can do that by going to Plugins in your WordPress dashboard and selecting Add New. Search for WooCommerce and install/activate it. If you don’t want to sell items on your site, then you can skip this.

Download the sample content and unzip the archive there. You’ll find three files inside. The Umami.xml file is the one that has the page, post, and menu content in it. You install it by going to tools in your WordPress admin and selecting import. Follow the prompts there and you’ll be able to import that content.

Next is the umami-options.txt file. To add it go to the appearance section in your WordPress dashboard and click on Options Import/Export. Use the file browser at the top there to select the umami-options.txt file and import it. That’ll set the options for you.

Umami doesn’t use many widgets, but you can import those if you’d like to. We’ll need a plugin to do that. Go to plugins in your dashboard and click on add new. Search for Widget Importer and Exporter and install/activate the plugin. It will add a new screen in your Tools menu for importing/exporting widgets. Go there and use the file browser to install the umami-widgets.wie file.

That will install the sample content for you. You’ll want to go to Appearance > Menus to assign your navigation menu to the theme’s location. You’ll also want to go to Settings > Reading to select your front page and your posts page (your blog). The theme instructions at https://support.organizedthemes.com/umami/ will walk you through the theme options and the food/services/staff sections.

If you run into questions, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Not able to download the UMAMI Demo’ is closed to new replies.