Newsletter Bar Not working

Support Area Forums Progress Newsletter Bar Not working

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Denver Wade
    Participant

For some reason the newsletter bar links me to an internal image when I click the submit button. I was wondering if there was anything I needed to be doing beyond adding the mail chimp API’s to the corresponding page in Themes Options. My website is http://www.whstudents.com.

Bill Robbins

Denver,

It looks like it’s sending people to a slide. Here’s a way to change that.

1. Go to the appearance section and select edit to open up the theme editor
    2. From the list of files on your right, choose newsletter-bar.php
    3. Look for this spot: <?php the_permalink(); ?> and replace it with this:

Then save your changes. See if that doesn’t direct a bit better. Let me know if you have any trouble.

Denver Wade
    Participant

You are awesome. That fixed it. I have no idea how it got set to link to a slide, the only thing I changed was the a.button and a:hover.button values in style.css. Thanks!

Bill Robbins

I’m do glad that’s working now. Let me know if you have any other trouble. Thanks.

Denver Wade
    Participant

One more quick question: when I view the progress demo from my iPhone it looks fantastic, but when I view my site it looks really linear and bulky. Any suggestions? http://www.whstudents.com

Bill Robbins

Just about anything can be done. If you’l let me know what you’d like to see, I’d be glad to help you create it.

Denver Wade
    Participant

Thanks Bill, I would be happy to get it to look like the progress demo. Which on my iPhone looks like a standard website with a touch sensitive slide show. My website just kinda piles on top of itself. I think the difference is in the span of the donation bar vs the flex of the newsletter bar, but I could be wrong. Also, my captions don’t show up on the mobile version.

Bill Robbins

The newsletter sign up does take up a bit more space than the donation graph does. If you’d like to skip on the title on the newsletter bar when it’s viewed on a phone you can do that. Here’s what you’d need to do. In the styling tab of the theme options page, paste this code into the box for “Custom CSS” down at the bottom:

@media only screen and (min-width: 320px) and (max-width: 599px) {

h4#newsletter-title {
    display: none;
    }

#home-bar {
    padding-top: 0;
    }

}

then save your changes. That will remove the title from the newsletter bar when it’s viewed on a smartphone. If that doesn’t help, let me know.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Newsletter Bar Not working’ is closed to new replies.