Need help with setting up Slide Show

Support Area Forums Foundation Need help with setting up Slide Show

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Donny Random
    Participant

Hello-

I have so far made fast work of setting up the Foundation theme, Loving it!! šŸ™‚
    But setting up the “Slide Show” has me stumped.
    Can you go through a Step-by-Step (1, 2, 3) process of making a slide and putting it into a slide show?

Thank you!
    Donny

Bill Robbins

Donny,

Glad you’re enjoying the theme and thank you for your business. Here’s how to set up your slideshow.

Adding a slide is very similar to creating a page or post. Go to the Media section of your WordPress control panel and select Slide. Once there, you can click the “Add Slide” button next to the “Slide” title at the top to create a new slide.

You can give the slide a title to keep things organized (the title isn’t displayed). You can add a link to the slide (this is optional).

The image for the slide is the “Featured Image” so click that link to add your picture. WordPress will size the image down to 630 pixels wide by 420 pixels high, but for best results, you can resize the image yourself to those dimensions. If you need help adding a featured image, there is a quick screencast about them in our video section.

Once you’re finished adding the image, you can choose to publish your slide now, or set it to publish at a later date (just like a page/post). You can also set the order of the slideshow using the Order field in the “Attributes” box in the right hand column. I often suggest counting by 5’s so you can easily insert a new slide later if you need to between two existing slides.

That’s pretty much it. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Donny Random
    Participant

Thank you Bill.
    I got stuck on the step “The image for the slide is the ā€œFeatured Imageā€ so click that link to add your picture.” I don’t see any link called ā€œFeatured Imageā€. Here is the screen I see when I add a new slide.

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/3091/addnewslide.png

Donny Random
    Participant

Here is a screenshot of a larger portion of the screen:
    http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/3091/addnewslide.png

Bill Robbins

If you don’t see the “Featured Image” section (see screenshot at http://d.pr/9eFg), the first thing to try is click “Screen Options” in the top right hand corner. Make sure the “Featured Image” checkbox is checked.

If you don’t see “Featured Image” available in your screen options, you need to make sure you can upload images. If the site is a part of a networked WordPress installation, you’ll need to make sure the network administrator has enabled image uploads for your site (they are generally disabled by default).

Let me know if that doesn’t work for you.

Donny Random
    Participant

Thank you SO much Bill! It works!!
    The problem was that I did not have permissions for the network administrator to upload images.

For anyone that has the same problem go to:

wp-admin/network/settings

Then go to the bottom of the settings screen where it says “Media upload buttons” and check “images”. Then the ā€œFeatured Imageā€ option pops up on the slide link.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Need help with setting up Slide Show’ is closed to new replies.