navigation buttons not centered

Support Area Forums Agency navigation buttons not centered

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
URL to the page in question: http://makeitwoodstudio.com/
  • Author
    Participant

Hello! The menu items are not centered in the height of the nav bar, they are right at the bottom. How can I center them? Thanks.

Participant

I just noticed this is only happening on the homepage. hmmm….

Bill Robbins

Good Evening,

I bet we can get to the bottom of that. Do you have a way for me to see past the coming soon page so I can take a closer look?

Thanks,
    Bill

Participant

thank for the quick response. I apologize. the site is visible now.

Bill Robbins

Thanks for doing that. It looks like you’re just starting out with the site. I would suggest downloading the latest version of the theme from our download section here. Give it a shot and if you run into that same trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bill

Participant

wow! I did not know there was an update. Do you email when updates are made to the themes? I will get to work on the setting with the updated theme and hopefully I will be fine. Thanks again for the quick response!! 🙂

Bill Robbins

Great question. Now updates appear in your WordPress dashboard like a plugin or core update does. Hopefully now everyone will have easy access to all updates.

Have a great night,
    Bill

Participant

Awesome! I love your themes! Thanks again for your help!

Participant

hello again. I see that the nav issue with centering is still an issue. only on the homepage. do you have any idea how or why it is like this and how I can fix it? thanks.

Bill Robbins

Good Morning,

Thanks for updating. I’ll be happy to take a look now again. Any chance you could let me see past the coming soon page one more time?

Thanks,
    Bill

Participant

I turned off the coming soon page. Thanks for your help!

Bill Robbins

Thanks. I took a look and I believe I see what’s happening here. It looks like the green box that’s at the top of the slideshow images, is stopping part of the way through the navigation bar. Thats’ making it look like the semi-transparent black stops, but it actually is there, it just doesn’t show up as well against the darker colored portion that covers up the top of the image.

I’ve attached a screenshot to show what the home page looks like when I set the slideshow to visibility: hidden.

Try making the box just a bit taller in your images and that should get it for you.

On a totally unrelated note, I noticed you’re using the donation bar as a call to action bar. You might try this extra bit of CSS in your Custom CSS box in the theme options to make that a bit cleaner for you:

#donate-bar {
    	height: auto;
    	padding-top: 23px;
    }

#donate-title {
    	float: left;
    	width: 76%;
    	position: relative;
    	top: -13px;
    	text-align: left;
    	display: inline-block;
    	padding-left: 24px;
    }

#donate-graph-holder {
    	display: none;
    }

#donate {
    	float: right;
    	width: 18%;
    	display: inline-block;
    	padding-top: 0;
    }

Have a good night and let me know if you need anything,
    Bill

Participant

Thanks for the code for the donation bar. How silly that I did not see nav issue. How bazaar. Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it!!

Bill Robbins

I don’t know about you, but sometimes I just need another set of eyes to take a look.

Take care,
    Bill

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘navigation buttons not centered’ is closed to new replies.