More than one blog in Epic?

Support Area Forums Epic More than one blog in Epic?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    James Pyles
    Participant

Both the Head Pastor and Youth Pastor have blogs that they maintain and would like to port over into this theme. I can’t see a way to create more than one blog page, however, I’ve tried to clone and copy to new draft and create a second blog, but I don’t see how you can create a post for the additional blog.

Is what I’m trying to do possible or am I going to have to look for other options.

Thanks.

James

Bill Robbins

James,

Great question. WordPress has support for author archives, which display every post written by a specific user. Utilizing this feature is probably the best way to go about keeping separate “blogs” for each of them. The only tricky part is authors are not listed in the WordPress menu builder so you’ll need to create a link to each one. Here’s how to do that:

1. Go to the Appearance section and select Menus.
    2. In the list on your left, click where it says “links.”
    3. In the URL field, enter this:

http://www.yoursite.com/author/username/

4. Replace the http://yoursite.com with the URL to your WordPress site. Then replace the username with the username for your first user. If there are any uppercase letters, replace those with lower case ones and replace any spaces with hyphens.
    5. Add the new link to your menu and save it.
    6. Repeat that for as many “blogs” as you need to create.

Another way to find the author URL is to click the author name when viewing a post that they’ve written.

If you run into any questions or trouble, let me know.

Have a great week,
    Bill

James Pyles
    Participant

Thanks. I’ll keep this one in reserve just in case, but it looks like the problem solved itself. One of the Pastors says he doesn’t want to maintain his blog anymore, so just the head pastor will be blogging.

Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘More than one blog in Epic?’ is closed to new replies.