Menu on the left and right side

Support Area Forums Foxy Menu on the left and right side

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.themadagenneurochirurgie.nl
  • Author
    Cushing1
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I’m so glad you have the answers.
    On my site there are forms for the industry and forms for doctors.
    I want on the left side a menu with all the information for doctors and on the right side a menu with all the information for the industry. Is it possible to have the menu’s on both sides ?

kind regards
    Marian van Haaster

Bill Robbins

Hello Marian,

I will certainly try to help you out with answers. When you say you’re looking to have a menu on both sides, do you mean you’re wanting to have a second navigation menu on the right hand side of the screen or do you have something else in mind? I just want to make sure I know exactly what you’re after before we start making changes.

Let me know and we’ll go from there.

Thanks,
    Bill

Cushing1
    Participant

Yes Bill,

So, you are quick ! Yes, i want to have on the right side also een menu, a second navigation. On the right side of the main content.

kind regards
    Marian

Bill Robbins

We can do that. I have an existing child theme that has a right hand widget area. Let me add a menu to it and I’ll post it here for you.

Cushing1
    Participant

In advance thanks !!
    I wait for your answer.
    Kind regards
    Marian

Bill Robbins

Hello Marian,

I have the child theme for you to download at https://support.organizedthemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/foxy-right-sidebar-nav.zip . This will add a sidebar on the right hand side that you can use for a second navigation menu and/or widgets.

One thing to note, this menu disappears when your browser window is below 768 pixels wide so make sure to add these menu items to your mobile navigation menu so that people on a phone can still access them.

You install the theme just like you would a new WordPress theme. You’ll have to assign your navigation menus again in the menu builder since it is a new theme from WordPress’ perspective.

Hope that helps out,
    Bill

Cushing1
    Participant

Thanks Bill for your quick action.
    I have put 2 screenshots with the email so you can see wat goes wrong ? or maybe did i something wrong?
    kind regards
    Marian

Bill Robbins

Hello Marian,

It could be this snippet in your Custom CSS that changes the width of the sidebar:

#sidebar {
    	width: 258px;
    }

Try taking that out and see if that doesn’t bring things into line for you. If it doesn’t let me know and if possible, leave the child theme turned on so I can take a closer look at it on your site.

Thanks,
    Bill

Cushing1
    Participant

Dear Bill,

Sorry it stays the same.
    I left my child theme turned on at this moment and I take #sidebar {
    width: 258px; out.

I hope you can see what is wrong or what i do wrong….
    kind regards
    Marian

Bill Robbins

Let’s try clearing out your browser’s cache. I just took a look and it appeared everything was in it’s own column without overlapping. I’ve attached screenshots of what I’m running into.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Menu on the left and right side’ is closed to new replies.