menu on progress theme

Support Area Forums Progress menu on progress theme

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    afrim karoshi
    Participant

Hello. I just started to work on a new website using progress theme. Two quick questions: first, the menu doesn’t appear on the web. I went to menu-s on dashboard and did everything there but still it doesn’t show. Second, on the home page, is there a way to show 3 widgets and for all to appear on the same line? Even on your demo theme you have two on a row (useful features, custom styling) and the other one is on the other row. I hope I was clear.
    Thanks, Afrim

afrim karoshi
    Participant

forget the first question. I resolved that problem. I did a mistake. Everything was working fine. 2nd is still an issue.
    Afrim

Bill Robbins

Afrim,

Thank you for your business first of all and I’m glad you were able to sort out the menu.

The theme is set to change is orientation gradually based on the browser width. So if the browser window is narrower, it will shrink the content areas and them move them around as well.

If you don’t mind, send me a link to where you’re using the theme as well as what browser and version you’re using. That will help in making sure it looks like the screenshot below. Thanks again.

ben verrall
    Participant

Hi Bill

I have a similar problem to Afrim – I want to have three boxes below the video on my home page but the third doesn’t want to fit on any browser – not matter how wide I make the window.

Could you share the resolution to this problem?

Thanks

Ben

Bill Robbins

Sorry for any trouble. Could you send me a link to where you’re using the theme so I can take a closer look? That would help me in determining the best course of action. Thank you.

afrim karoshi
    Participant

Bill, here is the link – http://www.botimetejetes.com

I used Chrome to open the page and it worked fine. On Safari works fine too. On Firefox you can see the distortion.

Afrim

Bill Robbins

Thank you so much. I believe I have a solution for you. Go to the appearance section and select edit to open up the theme editor. From the list of files on your right, choose style.css and look for this spot:

.home-widgets .widget {
    float: left;
    width: 29.25%;
    padding: 1.12%;
    margin-right: 2.08333%;
    margin-bottom: 2.08333%;
    }

and replace it with this:

.home-widgets .widget {
    float: left;
    width: 29%;
    padding: 1.12%;
    margin-right: 2.08333%;
    margin-bottom: 2.08333%;
    }

Then save your changes. See if that doesn’t give you better results.

afrim karoshi
    Participant

It works. Thanks for your great and quick help. Afrim

ben verrall
    Participant

Hurray! Works for me too – thank you both.

Bill Robbins

As a side note, this change has been added to the theme itself with version 1.0.3

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘menu on progress theme’ is closed to new replies.