Menu items unresponsive at times

Support Area Forums Foundation Menu items unresponsive at times

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Participant

When I click around in the menu it sometimes gets stuck and I can’t click to a new menu item. I have seen this off and on from the start of development with this theme.

http://www.progresstools.org

Bill Robbins

Add this to the bottom of your style.css file. You can edit it by going to the appearance section and selecting edit to open the theme editor and then choosing the file from the list on the right:

#logo p {
    margin: 0;
    }

Save your changes and see if you can click the menu items a bit more easily on the sub-pages.

Participant

I tried that and it may be a bit better but I just noticed something. If I move the cursor just on the bottom edge of the menu items they change color and I can click them just fine but if I move the cursor to the middle where the the text is then it gets unresponsive.

Bill Robbins

Crazy, it works in Safari not in Chrome and they use the same rendering engine. In lieu of the code above, use this one:

#logo {height: 0;}

Participant

I found the problem in firefox.

Participant

It works great in safari but terrible in firefox.

Ellen Brantley
    Participant

I’m having this problem still. Using Firefox – on the home page, I can navigate to other pages easily, but once in the subpages, to click on the tabs, I have to hover near the very bottom of the tab for it to “highlight” so it can be selected. I made the changes you suggested above.

Bill Robbins

If you’ll send a link to where you’re working on it, I’ll be happy to take a look for you.

Ellen Brantley
    Participant

it’s cjrsfoundation.org – thanks!

Bill Robbins

Thanks Ellen. I took a look in Firefox and was able to hover over the navigation links on the inside pages like the home page. It could be that the browser had just cached the old version and wasn’t loading the new one (the new one would have loaded for me since I hadn’t visited it before.

If you still have trouble, there are two other things you can do. First find this spot in your style.css file:

#logo {
    position: absolute;
    z-index: 20;
    top: 22px;
    height: 0;
    }

and change it to this:

#logo {
    position: absolute;
    z-index: 2;
    top: 22px;
    height: 0;
    }

and then add this below that:

#logo h1,
    #logo p {
    padding: 0;
    }

Then save your changes.

Let me know if you have any other trouble.

Ellen Brantley
    Participant

Thank you! That worked.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Menu items unresponsive at times’ is closed to new replies.