Menu Items

Support Area Forums Foxy Menu Items

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question: http://blackbrew.net/menu/breakfast/
  • Author
    Participant

Last question I promise,
    How do I give it a background similar to the front page and such, It is just black.

Bill Robbins

Go to Food in your dashboard and click on menu groups. Edit the group you’re working with and you can assign the background there. There’s also a spot in the theme options where you can assign some fallback backgrounds. That can be good to have in case a visitor ends up on a page that doesn’t have a background set.

Let me know if that doesn’t do the trick,
    Bill

Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bill Robbins

Hi Carl,

I logged in just now to see if I can spot what is happening and I can’t find it. The menu group images work fine on my development site and the demo site. I even set up a fresh site with the theme to see if it would work there too and it did.

I tried deactivating and reactivating plugins, but that didn’t change anything either. I also tried switching the permalinks back to the plain version. There is a slight chance you might run into trouble using “menu” for the taxonomy slug since “menu” to WordPress refers to navigation menus. When two things share a slug, it can cause unexpected results. That wasn’t the trouble here.

Have you made any changes to the theme? I noticed that updates were disabled when generally is the case when themes have been edited, but not always. If you haven’t, have you tried deleting the theme and installing it again from a fresh copy?

Bill

Bill Robbins

Hi Carl,

I don’t know then. I’ll see if I can duplicate it on my end to come up with a fix for you. Until then, I would edit the custom-js.php file and remove these lines:

<?php elseif (is_tax( 'menu-group' ) && series_taxonomy_image_url() != ""): ?>
    						{image :  '<?php $image_url = series_taxonomy_image_url();

// store the image ID in a var
    						$image_id = organizedthemes_series_image_id($image_url);

// retrieve the thumbnail size of our image
    						$image_thumb = wp_get_attachment_image_src($image_id, 'full');

echo $image_thumb[0];

?>'}

That will take out the background images from the menu group lists and should let the default appear. It’s not as ideal as specifying for each one, but it’s better than just a black screen too.

You could also create a page for the menu group lists and use a shortcode to display the list. The menu shortcode is like this:

[menu group="burgers"]

where burgers is the slug of the menu group. You could then add a background image to the page, just like you would on any other page.

Bill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Menu Items’ is closed to new replies.