Make a comment not working?

Support Area Forums Responsive Visual Make a comment not working?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.humansupport.nl/category/blogs/
  • Author
    Renate Bleij
    Participant

Hi There,

When I would like to add a comment to my first blog, it looks like something goes wrong. I click “Make a comment” and then an empty websitepage appears.

I tried to check to see if something strange is happening in my wordpress configuration, but I can not find it. Is it a flaw in the theme?

Thank you for answering!

Regards,

Renate

Bill Robbins

Hello Renate,

Sorry for the trouble there. Let’s see if we can get to the bottom of the issue. Here’s what I would do.

1. Disable all active plugins on the site. Then try making a comment. If it works, turn them back on, one by one until you can no longer make a comment. That will let us know if it’s a plugin issue.

2. If that’s not it, try switching to one the TwentyFourteen theme and see if you can comment then.

3. If you still can’t comment, try this. Go to the updates section in your dashboard. At the top of this screen you can reinstall WordPress. Try doing that.

Let me know what you turn up and we’ll go from there.

Thanks,
    Bill

Renate Bleij
    Participant

Hi Bill,

I typed a whole lot of text here, but in the end I solved it:

Creating a post and setting it to Image but WITHOUT featured image gives an empty post (of course…). So I changed the post to standard and voila you can add a comment!

Problem solved 🙂

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Renate

Bill Robbins

Glad you found the solution 🙂

Have a great week and let me know if I can help with anything.

Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Make a comment not working?’ is closed to new replies.