Mailchimp Glitch

Support Area Forums United Mailchimp Glitch

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
URL to the page in question: http://servingyourpurpose.com
  • Author
    Ashley Davis
    Participant

Hey Bill,

Just tested the mailchimp widget on our website and it’s sending out NINE copies of the confirmation email! Yikes! Any idea why this would be happening??

THANKS!
    Ashley

Bill Robbins

Wow that is a bunch! I would check inside your MailChimp settings. They can be set in such a way that no emails are sent or they can be set to require confirmations and welcome emails and so on. Those can quickly add up. Play around with the settings there and let me know how it goes.

Bill

Ashley Davis
    Participant

Bill,

I spent hours today researching it and trying to adjust every mailchimp setting I could think of, but it still did it. Spoke with the mailchimp support and they said it looks like a glitch in the widget. (See screenshot attached for full details.)

What do you think?

Bill Robbins

You’ve got me there. I haven’t heard of that happening to anyone else. United is the last theme that will have MailChimp built-in. There are so many widgets out there for MailChimp that having one in the theme just isn’t important anymore. But I would expect that if that’s happening in the other sites that run the same form, that I would have heard about it.

I’d just go with a plugin widget. This one is really just a sign up box so the integration with the theme is next to nothing. There’s no sense spending time on it. Just use a plugin.

Sorry about that,
    Bill

Ashley Davis
    Participant

Which widget did you use to build the theme? I’d hate to install the same one you used only to end up with the same problem when there are so many to choose from.

Bill Robbins

I just used a raw form from them. It’s been about four years so I first used it.

You can also copy the code for a form out of your MailChimp account. That’s how the keep in touch one at the bottom of this screen is made.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Mailchimp Glitch’ is closed to new replies.