Looking for a font like Verdana

Support Area Forums Foundation Looking for a font like Verdana

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
URL to the page in question: http://www.earthintransition.org/2016/03/four-paws-gaza/
  • Author
    Michael Mountain
    Participant

Hello. New user here. I’m setting up a site in Foundation, and would like to switch to a para font that’s as close as possible to Verdana. Here’s a post on another site I work with, using Verdana 11 pt.

I especially like the light, spacious feel. Would you recommend any of the fonts in your theme options? If not, how would I switch to Verdana 11 for para style? And with similar line spacing.

(I think I’ll be OK with Open Sans for widgets etc.)

Thanks for any help.

Bill Robbins

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Organized Themes. It’s possible to use Verdana if you’d like to. Do you want to use it everywhere in the site or do would you like to mix it with some of the Google Font options? Let me know and I’ll show you how to go about that.

Thanks,
    Bill

Michael Mountain
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response! Probably just for para and H fonts. (I think widgets etc will be OK with Open Sans. But will need to look at how it all shapes up.) But before switching to Verdana, do you have an idea of whether there’s a font in the existing collection that will give the posts a look that’s similar to my other site? If not, then yes, please show me what to do. Thanks much.

Bill Robbins

Thanks Michael,

Since you like Verdana in the other site, let’s just use it here as well. In the Theme Options page, click on the Styling tab. Scroll down to the bottom and add this to the Custom CSS box there:

p,
    li,
    h1,
    h2,
    h3,
    h4,
    h5,
    h6 {
    	font-family: Verdana, "Lucida Grande", Lucida, sans-serif;
    }

and save your changes. That should change the paragraphs, list items and headings to use Verdana. You could still choose Open Sans for widgets if you’d like to.

If you end up wanting Verdana everywhere you can do that too. There is a checkbox just above the custom css that lets you turn off Google Fonts. Turn them off there and then use this:

body {
    	font-family: Verdana, "Lucida Grande", Lucida, sans-serif;
    }

instead.

If you have any trouble, let me know.

Thanks,
    bill

Michael Mountain
    Participant

Got it. Looks straightforward. Will work on this later and get back if any other q’s. Thanks much, Bill!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Looking for a font like Verdana’ is closed to new replies.