Lightbox unreliable on iPhone, iPad?

Support Area Forums Photobug Lightbox unreliable on iPhone, iPad?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    Michael Friedlander
    Participant

Hi again, thanks for the prompt responses to previous queries. Please refer to http://hardhatphoto.com/ for the following. The site’s not done yet, but there’s enough to see to illustrate the problem below.

Although the gallery lightbox works fine on desktop/laptop, I’m noticing issues when I view my site on iPhone & iPad. After a few images display, I sometimes get an ‘X’ inside of a white shape.

A second issue is that choosing to display a portrait or landscape photo first has major impact on the size of the lightbox on the iPhone/iPad. Choosing a portrait photo gives a much larger lightbox for every photo. The jquery.lightbox.css file isn’t providing clues to this behavior, so I’m wondering if you have any ideas how I can force the maximum image size?

I don’t think either one of these is critical, as I don’t think too of my potential clients will be browsing the site on their iPhones, but other theme users may be attracting other clients.

Bill Robbins

Michael,

Great question. I’m swapping out the lightbox gallery in my themes and just updated Foxy this morning. The new script is a bit more friendly with phones too. You can download the update from the downloads section if you’d like to give it a try.

Let me know if you have any trouble,
    Bill

Michael Friedlander
    Participant

Fabulous! I’ll get Foxy and try out the gallery. Do you think I can just swap in the new “includes” folder, or is there more to it?

Bill Robbins

Michael,

You can copy the updated files into your theme. You’ll need to copy over options.php. In the includes folder, you’ll need to copy over lightbox.php and custom-js.php. In the JS folder, you’ll need to copy over the lightbox folder.

If you run into any trouble, just let me know,
    Bill

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Lightbox unreliable on iPhone, iPad?’ is closed to new replies.