Layout with widget columns

Support Area Forums Progress Layout with widget columns

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
URL to the page in question:
  • Author
    HDTV-Entertainment
    Participant

I see page templates for Home default, image, dull width and gallery.

What I don’t see are layouts for right hand column ( for widgets,etc) and/or left hand column layout options. I thought they were there for any page but maybe not.

If not, can they be added end along with the ability to manage different widget columns for different ares in the site. that means I guess tha I,d also have to pick which widget combination goes n each page.

Rick

Bill Robbins

Rick,

To set different widgets on different pages, I recommend the Content Aware Sidebars plugin. It allows you to create new sidebars and then specify where they appear on your site. It’s a great tool and probably the easiest plugin of its type to use out there.

At this time there isn’t a built-in option in Progress to swap the sidebars from the right hand to the left hand side on a per-page basis. There is an older plugin called Art Direction that lets you apply custom styling on a per page/post basis. You can use it to swap the sidebar from the right to the left. Here’s how you would do that:

1. Install and activate the plugin.
    2. Edit the page/post where you’d like to swap the layout.
    3. Right below the main content box you’ll see a new box where you can add in styling just for that page. Paste this in that box:
    4. Update your page/post.

That should let you swap your layout around. Let me know if you have any questions.

HDTV-Entertainment
    Participant

Very cool, will do. Thank you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Layout with widget columns’ is closed to new replies.